Copy data from many b-roll sites to the clipboard for pasting directly into b-roll spreadsheet.
Chrome extension to copy credit metadata from various b-roll websites in a form ready to paste into the b-roll spreadsheet.
When you're on a website with b-roll that the extension is programmed to recognize, the icon should appear blue right next to the address bar. Simply click on the icon or press the keyboard shortcut alt-C (option-C on a Mac) and the proper metadata will be copied to the clipboard. Then go to the b-roll spreadsheet, put your cursor in the "File Name" column where you'd like to add the clip and paste normally.
The first time you use the extension and periodically afterwards, the extension will prompt you to enter or confirm your initials.
You can manually change your initials by right clicking on the icon and choosing "Set Initials." You can also enable or disable the sounds from the right click menu. Ignore "Reset Initials" and "Reset Last Update Time." These are for debugging purposes.
=======Current supported sites:=======
1.0 - Initial Release, only supports DVIDSHub
1.1 - Converted to "Page Action" (icon-based instead of injecting copy content into each page). Added support for AP, Newscom, Unifeed, Videoblocks, Vimeo, Youtube
1.1.1 - Added Flickr and FreeSound support, fixed a few bugs
1.1.2 - Fixed YouTube license lookup.
1.3 - Added notifications and Pond5 support
1.3.1 - Minor fixes and tweaks to Pond5 behavior
1.3.2 - Added support for Reuters MediaExpress
1.3.3 - Fixed color bug in "halt" warnings
1.3.4 - Fix for Vimeo site redesign
1.3.5 - Added The NewsMarket
1.3.6 - Bug fixes. See below for details.
1.3.7 - Added European Commission
1.4.0 - Now supports multiple clip selection on Reuters
1.4.1 - Added a link to the entire collection in the "Source" field for MediaExpress clips (so that editors can easily download a complete collection)
1.4.2 - Address VideoBlocks site redesign
1.4.3 - Address Vimeo site redesign
1.4.4 - Code refactor and cleanup
2.0.0 - Major changes. New name, new icon, sounds, lots of changes behind the scenes to allow for async requests
2.0.1 - Bug fix
2.0.2 - Bug fix
2.0.3 - Improved how MediaExpress multishot clips are reported. User gets more information now about the package link and the clip index
2.0.4 - Added Reuters Connect, address Pond5 site redesign
2.1.0 - Mainly internal refactoring to support testing, which will allow for easier updates. Fixes to address site redesigns at Ruptly, Pond5, Flickr
2.2.0 - Added clip selection support for Reuters Connect. Major internal refactoring to allow for easier addition of new sites.
2.2.1 - Fix for change to how Reuters lists restrictions
2.2.2 - Fixed some bugs in Reuters story selection, added support for clip-level Reuters restrictions.
2.2.3 - Bug fixes
- Fixed showstopper bug where the tool wouldn't work if Chrome was restarted!
- Fixed icon animation error message spam if the active tab was closed while the icon was animating
- Fix bug where an extra link appeared at Reuters if mouse was hovering over a clip
- Fix for change to how Reuters lists restrictions
- Fixed several NewsMarket bugs, no longer errors when copying the credit, fewer restrictions on what constitutes a NewsMarket video page.
- Fixed a minor issue with some older Unifeed clips not correctly copying the filename
- Vimeo once again lets you use Credit Copier
- Fixed a bug for Reuters MediaExpress that caused some videos to be split into two lines.
- Fixed a bug in Vimeo that caused some SD videos to not be flagged properly. We now uses the Vimeo API to get information about clips instead of scraping data from the page.