A simple plugin that saves your progress when writing posts in Basecamp ® just in case something unexpected happens!
Never lose a message while using Basecamp ® again!
Autosave for Basecamp ®, created by digital-telepathy (http://www.dtelepathy.com)
Basecamp ®, the excellent contact management system created by 37Signals ® is a fantastic tool for managing communication around your company's projects, but being a web based interface, lacks one key feature - auto-save. How many times have you been writing a comment and clicked on a link in the comment thread to reference something and lost your comment in the process? Lose a message because Chrome crashed for one reason or another? Accidentally hit the refresh button?
The Autosave for Basecamp ® plugin will automatically save your message in real time as your typing it using Chrome's HTML5 local storage technology. Hit the refresh page, write a message and come back to it later, close the browser - your message will still be there!
* Stores your message progress locally in your browser using HTML5 local storage
* Remembers each message uniquely based off of the URL of the page
* Automatically clears the saved message after submitting the form
* Manually clear previously stored messages with a simple flyout window interface
Current Known Issues:
* Currently the message will not automatically clear after submitting the form if you tab to the submit button and submit the message/comment form with the keyboard.
* We don't store the title of the message yet.
What We're Working On:
* Support for keyboard based form submission message clearing
* Message title storage
Future Feature Ideas:
* Drafts and versions
* Support for additional systems' textareas besides just Basecamp
NOTE: This plugin is not currently supported in any way shape or form. Please use at your own discretion.