Autodesk ForceEffect Web application
Bring engineering to the point of the problem with Autodesk® ForceEffect™, an engineering app for simulating design concepts in the field or in the office. Unlike the traditional approach of using paper, pencil, and a calculator to develop equations for design options, Autodesk ForceEffect does all the simulation and engineering calculations for you right in your browser, enabling you to quickly and easily simulate design options during the concept phase to determine the viability of a design.
• Fast—Real-time solving capabilities and immediate feedback on the simulation performance, including a detailed results report.
• Easy—Intuitive interaction for drawing, constraining, and simulating concepts. Simply click objects to select, and then move, rotate, and scale.
• Complete—Solutions for statically determinate and over-constrained or indeterminate problems.
• Integrated—Easy workflow continuation into CAD with industry-standard export capabilities via DWG™ files and email for file sharing.
The Autodesk ForceEffect engineering app is perfect for static systems analysis using free body diagrams:
• Freehand sketching of elements and construction lines with snaps, constraints, and inferencing
• Object dimensioning, global scaling, units, constraints
• Import image as background
• Create joints (welded, pinned)
• Break elements
• Create supports (fixed, grounded, sliding)
• Create loads (known, unknown, distributed) and moments
• Add weight to individual elements
• Compute reaction forces and moments for equilibrium and over-constrained systems
• Toggle forces to show force vector components
• Results reporting with picture, results, all equations
• Save and load files from Autodesk 360
• In app help