Automatically converts values from other units, currencies and time zones
AutoConvert converts units, time zones and currencies, when you select them on a webpage.
Selecting metric units (e.g. 16 km) converts them to the imperial units (e.g. 10 mi), and vice versa (10 inch to 25 cm).
Time zones are converted to the detected local time zone.
Supported currencies are converted to your home currencies.
Conversions are automattic, and appear in a corner of the page as soon as you select any text containing convertible units.
Alternatively, convert any values by using the text box in the extension popup (press the extension button in the toolbar).
A list of supported units, currencies and time zones is available here: https://updatenotes.blog/autoconvert-list-of-supported-units-time-zones-and-currencies/
** Currency conversion is a premium feature, and requires a purchase after the trial period. Please check if your currency is supported before purchasing.
* Converts up to 6 values in a selection. Unlimited conversions in popup.
Update 11 Jul 2019: Supporter update: multiple time zones
1. Give your own, easily identifiable names to custom time zones (e.g. 'Matt in SF')
- Edit or add on settings page
2. Set up time zone conversions to show just custom name, or both name and time zone
Update 5/8 Jul 2019: Supporter update: dark theme, unlimited conversions, and multiple time zones
1. Convert to multiple time zones. Configure in options.
- Extension window always shows current time in other chosen time zones.
2. Unlimited conversions on selecting text (restricted to 6 in one go previously)
3. Dark theme in extension window. Configure in options.
Update 8 May 2019:
1. Guest trial period for premium features (incl. Currency conversion) increased to 10 days
2. After-signup trial period removed
3. Bug fixes
4. Currency rate fetch updates
Update 1 Feb 2019:
1. Longer currency names are shown below the value being converted
2. Clicking on currency rate link opens Google with live currency conversion
3. Text in conversion box is pinned by default
4. Bug Fix: Currency conversion span took full height on some websites
Update 1 Nov 2018:
1. Currency conversion is now a premium feature
- 5-day guest trial before signing up,
- 30-day free trial after signing-up before any charges
2. Currency rates fetched every 3 hours for subscribers, and ever 12 hours during guest trial
3. Show hours since last fetched in tooltip on exchange rates
Update 18 Oct 2018:
1. Currency conversion for common symbols - $, £, ¥, Rs, kr - converts based on top-level-domain of the website.
Update 17 Oct 2018:
1. Free trial of Currency conversion enabled for everyone.
2. Added option to convert to a third currency or time zone in popup (premium / free trial only)
3. Conversions appear in the same order as in text
Update 2 Oct 2018:
1. Enabled currency conversion trial for more users.
2. Added 'tbs' as alternate unit for 'tablespoon'.
Update 18 Sep 2018:
1. Show values in both Pounds/lb and Stones/st (if more than 1st) when converting mass to Imperial units.
2. Limited test of currency conversion - available to a few randomly selected users.
Update 13 Sep 2018:
1. Keyboard shortcut to open extension window (Ctrl/Cmd + Period).
2. Pin text in conversion box to prevent it from clearing when the window closes.
Update 11 Sep 2018:
1. Convert any text (typed or copied from other apps) using the extension window.
2. Conversion in extension window allows unlimited conversions at a time.
Update 7 Sep 2018:
1. Convert time zones in provided date, not just current date.
More update notes here: https://updatenotes.blog/category/autoconvert-select/