Automatically converts units and currencies on web pages to familiar values, so you don't have to find that calculator again.
autoConvert acts as an interpretor for the reader by automatically converting values on web pages from foreign unit systems to your home unit system.
E.g. a person in the US planning a road trip in Europe does not have to worry about how far 230kms will be, as she will see the value as on the page. Similarly, a tourist from India flying to the US will automatically see a 20kg check-in baggage limit in place of the original.
The relevant values are highlighted on web pages, and the original/converted values can be checked on mouse-over.
For currency conversions, the exchange rate used is also provided in the mouse-over bubble.
Choose from Imperial and Metric unit groups, or a custom combination of these, are supported.
1. Added new currencies:
- Lithuanian Lita,
- Ukrainian Hryvnia,
- Icelandic Krona,
- Bahraini Dinar,
- Zambian Kwacha,
- Mauritian Rupee
2. Fixed bug preventing certain currency updates
3. Added referral link to currency conversions
4. Bug Fix - CSS interference
1. Bitcoin conversion - numbers with BTC or XBT
2. Highlight colour for Currencies
3. Multiple bug fixes
1. Sync settings - Syncs across all computers where signed-in to Chrome with same Google user ID.
pre v. 0.5.3.x
1. Convert by selecting text and right-clicking - useful on whitelisted pages and when extension is in 'off' state.
2. Option to use inbuilt browser ToolTips for conversions, instead of autoConvert hover-cards.
3. Added Swedish Krona, Swiss Franc, and Kuwaiti Dinar.
4. Whitelist webpages/domains to prevent autoConvert from converting values on them. Useful for trading and banking websites, and services like Google Spreadsheets.
Use the options page to:
1. Set home unit system - Imperial, Metric or a mix of the two.
2. Change the highlight colour, or disable highlighting entirely
3. Select home currency - currently supporting:
New Zealand Dollars,
Vietnamese Dong, and
HKD, ZAR, RUB, SGD, BGN, THB, HUF, NOK, MXN, DKK, SEK, MYR, PLN, PHP, CZK, AED, TWD, KRW, ILS, ARS, CLP, EGP, TRY, RON, SAR, PKR, COP, MAD, HRK, JMD, DOP, PEN
4. Define whether to display converted units and currencies on webpage, or on mouse-over.
5. Select whether dual-use terms like 'in', 'to', and quotes be treated as units.
5. Send us feedback, praise, or brickbats
For updates and further feedback, follow me on: