Automatically converts units and currencies on web pages to familiar values, so you don't have to find that calculator again.
**Updated: Updated currency conversion sources, so should be working again. Also, added Swedish Krona & Swiss Franc after multiple user requests.
What's New: Option to whitelist webpages to prevent autoConvert from converting values on them. Useful for trading and banking websites, and services like Google Spreadsheets.
autoConvert acts as an interpretor for the reader by automatically converting values on web pages from foreign unit systems to your home unit system.
autoConvert now also converts values in foreign currencies to your home currency (in beta)
E.g. a person in the US planning a road trip in Europe does not have to worry about how far 230kms will be, as she will see the value as on the page. Similarly, a tourist from India flying to the US will automatically see a 20kg check-in baggage limit in place of the original.
The relevant values are highlighted on web pages, and the original/converted values can be checked on mouse-over.
For currency conversions, the exchange rate used is also provided in the mouse-over bubble.
Imperial and Metric units, along with custom combinations of these, are supported.
Use the options page to:
1. Set home unit system - Imperial, Metric or a mix of the two.
2. Change the highlight colour, or disable highlighting entirely
3. Select home currency - currently supporting:
New Zealand Dollars,
Vietnamese Dong, and
HKD, ZAR, RUB, SGD, BGN, THB, HUF, NOK, MXN, DKK, SEK, MYR, PLN, PHP, CZK, AED, TWD, KRW, ILS, ARS, CLP, EGP, TRY, RON, SAR, PKR, COP, MAD, HRK, JMD, DOP, PEN
4. Define whether to display converted units and currencies on webpage, or on mouse-over.
5. Select whether dual-use terms like 'in', 'to', and quotes be treated as units.
5. Send us feedback, praise, or brickbats
For updates and further feedback, follow me on: