Automatic remove overlays
This lightweight extension automatically close overlay popup without the need to press on any button.
You have probably encountered in web sites you visit, the frustrating overlay which masks the page content with a transparent or semitransparent background and above it a registration form, sign up for newsletter, advertising of products, a survey and etc.
Overlays are the next generation after the standard popup window, which has almost gone from our web world. Overlays are much trickier and can appear in a variety of ways like: on website on load even before you can see any content, after a delay, when you move your mouse, click on something or even more creative ways.
This extension is lightweight and will close for you most of the overlays without doing anything. There is no need to click or press anything for almost any overlay. You can add specific web sites to a white list, use different timing or more aggressive overlay cleaning.
The permission to read / write needed for saving the white list.
I hope that my extension will succeed to make your web surfing less frustrating and more pleasant.
In case you have questions, comments or suggestion you more than welcome to send me email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
what's new in version 1.0.4:
* Updated algorithm. Now, 'Auto Overlay Remover' removes overlay on more sites.
what's new in version 1.0.5:
* Enable scrolling even after the overlay site disable it.
what's new in version 1.0.6:
* Improved performance - more sites are now blocked.
* Added ability to save sites for delayed appearing of overlays.
* Added custom timer for for delaying the start of removing the overlay.
what's new in version 1.0.7:
* Bug fixed
* Some UI modifications
* Improved algorithm for more sites with overlays to be removed.
* Added "twitter" to excluded domain names.