Automatically copy selected text to the clipboard. Has options for copying as plain text; including the URL in the copied text; etc.
When text is selected using the mouse it will automatically be copied to the clipboard.
I've found that just about the only time I select text in my browser is when I want to copy it to the clipboard. This extension is meant to streamline the process.
- Enable/disable auto copy for text fields (v1.0.0)
- Enable/disable copy as plain text (v1.0.2)
- Enable/disable including URL with the copied text (v1.0.2)
- Implemented fix for beeping sound that some users were experiencing, thanks gregg! (v1.0.4)
- Implemented a work-around for Chrome 6 (v1.0.5)
- Updated artwork per Google's requirements (v1.0.6)
- Added paste on middle click capability. See extension options to enable (v2.0.0)
- Added ability to specify comment format which can optionally be added to copied text. See extension options to configure (v2.0.0)
- Added option to include the comment only if a minimum number of words are selected (v2.1.0)
- Fixed a bug that prevented the extension from working if the options hadn't been saved (v2.1.1)
- Added blacklist support (v3.0.0)
Go to the options screen to configure the features you'd like to use.
- The extension only works on pages with http:// or https:// in the URL. Also, content-scripts are automatically disabled in the Extension Gallery. Therefore, the extension will not work on this page or any page in the Gallery, so please test it on another page.
- Chrome version 22 or later is required to use this extension.