Displays the Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD) and allows you to review similar images of planets, stars, galaxies and nebulas
New in v3.5 - Now using a new APOD API that will ask for a permissions update. This has to be done to inform the user that I have switched the API URL. It's a harmless change, but it does require you to accept the new permissions. If any questions please feel free to reach out to me.
Your New Tab page will now be the Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD)! Your top sites are shown in the top left of the page to maintain some usefulness from the default new tab screen.
Set your APOD to show you Today's APOD a set number of times before switching to a Random APOD. Use the menu bar options to set the number of times each day you want to see the most current APOD before it starts showing Random APOD's. Each day this setting will update!
APOD by The Trav has the following features:
* Use the options in the Chrome menu bar to set "Today" or a "Random" APOD on new tab.
* Save your favorite APOD's for viewing again with the "Save Favorites" button at the bottom right.
* Use the "Learn More" tabs on certain APOD's to learn about the celestial objects shown!
* Toggle through the history of viewed images with the Left and Right arrow keys.
* Random APOD - 'r'
* Today's APOD - 't'
* Previous Day APOD - 'j'
* Next Day APOD - 'k'
* Toggle Explanation - 'e'
* Toggle Favorites - 'f'
- TopSites Permission is simply to show you your top sites in the top left of the page.
- Storage Permissions are used to save your Favorites.