Scans page for WAI-ARIA implementation issues.
Adds a button to Chrome that you can click when you want to validate the ARIA implementation of the HTML page you are viewing. Also checks for duplicate IDs in your HTML.
It will open a new tab showing errors and warnings for each frame it can read on the page.
Note: you may have to reload open tabs after installing this extension before it will function on them.
1. This is beta software.
2. It will not find ALL issues.
3. You should use this tool to help you avoid simple mistakes when implementing ARIA.
New in 0.10
- Fixed bug in validating "aria-owns" in frames.
- Fixed formatting issue in "aria-owns" warning.
New in 0.9
- Tweaks to formatting of error messages.
New in 0.8
- Takes implicit semantics from native HTML elements into account.
New in 0.7
- Now checks elements with "aria-" attributes but no aria role (these checks can be disabled in Options)
New in 0.6:
- Added "Zoom" button to make it easier to see long messages.
- Added checks for abstract roles.
- A few minor bug fixes.
New in 0.5:
- Validator failed on Mac OSX if element ids contained curly braces.
- Added (optional) ID check - yes it's not part of ARIA but ARIA relies on IDs.