Displays the Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD) as your new tab page
Your New Tab page will now be the Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD)! Your top sites are shown in the top left of the page to maintain some usefulness from the default new tab screen.
Permissions explanation (I take this quite seriously):
- Previously I had added the "History" permission to APOD, this was only so I could add the feature to remove a topSite link with the small 'x' button. I hadn't realized that the permission was going to give me access to any and all of each users history. So I have removed this permission from now on. If you want a topSite link removed, you must disable the APOD extension and use the default new tab page.
- TopSites Permission is simply to show you your top sites in the top left of the page.
- Storage Permissions are used to save your Favorites.
APOD by The Trav has the following features:
* Use the options to show a new date picker to see a specific date (comments very welcome on this design).
* Use the options in the Chrome menu bar to set "Today" or a "Random" APOD on new tab.
* Save your favorite APOD's for viewing again with the "Save Favorites" button at the bottom right.
* Use the "Learn More" tabs on certain APOD's to learn about the celestial objects shown!
* Toggle through the history of viewed images with the Left and Right arrow keys.
* Random APOD - 'r'
* Today's APOD - 't'
* Previous Day APOD - 'j'
* Next Day APOD - 'k'
* Toggle Explanation - 'e'
* Toggle Favorites - 'f'