Create, share, and USE libraries of reusable comments to edit and grade faster! Optimized for Canvas, Google Docs, Schoology, Bb...
Annotate PRO (AP) makes it easy for teachers and students to add personalized, detailed feedback to Google Docs, Canvas SpeedGrader, and other webapps.
Create and share large or small libraries of reusable comments, then quickly add pre-written feedback then personalize. Use full-text search, our toolbars for Google Docs, Canvas, Blackboard, and Schoology, or right-click menu to find just the right comment.
AP optionally creates a history of feedback created so you can review previous comments and use them to create new reusable comments.
In Canvas SpeedGrader, these Comment Histories can be (optionally) include course, assignment, and student info so you can analyze feedback provided in a number of ways.
You can choose to translate your comment into another language (via Google Translate) or provide dual language response (primary language plus a translation) to help students learning a second language.
The forever-free version of AP makes it easy to create an unlimited number of libraries and use them with Google Docs, Canvas SpeedGrader, Blackboard, Gmail - almost anywhere you can type on the web.
Individuals can pay for additional features including sub-Groups, analytics, and feedback history and also license libraries like our College Edition or Legal Writing Edition. Institutions can license AP to easily share libraries of comments, measure the impact of feedback, and improve writing across the curriculum initiatives, writing centers, tutoring, foreign language instruction, project-based learning...
AP will dramatically improve the dialog around writing at your school - drafts, peer review, grading...
With AP you write it once, to perfection, then re-use to your heart's content.
5.5.5 | August 25, 2019
* Bugs, polish, support for Canopy and Microsoft Teams (beta)
5.5.4 | January 23, 2019
* Improved handling of links
* Improved handling of plain-text destinations (carriage returns converted to spaces)
* Beta support for Google Sheets & Google Slides
* Better Gmail & LinkedIn functionality
5.5.0 | January 2, 2019
* Support for additional websites (Facebook, LinkedIn...)
22.214.171.124 | December 29, 2018
* Improved support for sub-Groups
* Google Translate support
* Massive improvements to the editing experience!
5.4.7 | December 3, 2018
* Bug fixes
5.4.6 | November 25, 2018
* Improved support for Canvas (rubrics)
* Improved toolbars including options to hide Search and History
* Option to search only Labels or Labels & Comments
* Polish and bug fixes
5.4.5 | October 18, 2018
* Improved toolbar (it stays stuck!)
* Improved signup/verification
5.4.4 | October 4, 2018
* Sub-Groups finalized!
* Toolbar support for Schoology and Box Notes
5.4.2 | October 1, 2018
* Setting things up for sub-groups (coming soon!)
* Better support for Schoology, improved upgrade process, bugs/speed
5.4.1 | August 24, 2018
* Bugs/performance improvements
5.4.0 | August 20, 2018
* Support for Canvas SpeedGrader rubric comments in the History feature
* Bugs/performance improvements
5.3.3 | July 25, 2018
* Canvas SpeedGrader support/updates
5.3.1 | June 27, 2018
* WYSIWYG editing! Forms! Better support for SpeedGrader full screen!!!
* Lots of little things.
5.2.4 | April 24, 2018
* Bugs! Minor tweaks.
5.2.3 | April 19, 2018
* Bugs! Minor tweaks.
5.2.2 | April 12, 2018
* Improved toolbar (show/hide); bugs!
126.96.36.199 | March 6, 2018
* Improvements to support Goobric, bugs, sorting Favorites alphabetically
188.8.131.52 | February 27, 2018
* Bugs and improved toolbars, support for Google Drive, Canvas box annotations. Thank you Steve!
184.108.40.206 | February 9, 2018
* Bugs, improvements and KEYBOARD SHORTCUT to get to toolbar search: CTRL-S
220.127.116.11 | February 6, 2018
* Feed, analytics, toolbars for Google Docs, Canvas, and Blackboard...many improvements. Payments!
18.104.22.168 | November 2, 2017
* Sorting of Comments AND Groups. And 'Formal' sharing by Annotate Admins at an institution.
22.214.171.124 | September 25, 2017
* WOO HOO! We made it...add new libraries, new groups...sync across web and Word add-in...
126.96.36.199 | August 23, 2017
* Tweaked display of Favorite buttons and Search results for better usability
* Updated dates for free trial of full libraries
188.8.131.52 | August 14, 2017
184.108.40.206 | May 31, 2017
Minor release - bugs. Particularly fixing Facebook login issue. Enjoy!
220.127.116.11 | May 26, 2017
Major release! We've added a sign up step (easy, one-click Google sign in) so users can easily log into their Annotate PRO library across Chrome and Microsoft Word 2016. Also highlighting cells being edited plus bug fixes. Enjoy & feedback _ALWAYS_ welcome.
18.104.22.168 | April 22, 2017
Improved under the hood...preparing for faster implementation of custom libraries.
Faster access to your Annotate popup (ALT-A!).
Improved predictability of Context Menu functionality.
22.214.171.124 | April 7, 2017
Improved visibility for installing the full College Edition Library.
Improved popup behavior & library edit for free users.
126.96.36.199 | March 30, 2017
Google Translate baked in! Plus polish...improved menus, tab order...
188.8.131.52 | March 8, 2017
184.108.40.206 | March 2, 2017
Our biggest release yet! Oh my...see release notes on our website for all the details...
220.127.116.11 | February 7, 2017
* Updated ilovefeedback free trial date (to June 30, 2017) to celebrate Annotate PRO for Word.
18.104.22.168 | February 1, 2017
* Updated to recognize existing accounts, by email address, so uninstall doesn't result in loss of customizations.
22.214.171.124 | January 2, 2017
*Updated free trial to extend through 2/14/2017 (Happy Valentine's Day!).
126.96.36.199 | December 19, 2016
*Improved purchase error logging.
188.8.131.52 | December 16, 2016
*Minor bug fixes.
184.108.40.206 | November 28, 2016
* Added a spinner for longer library saves (so you know something is happening!)
220.127.116.11 | November 19, 2016
* Bug fixes / secret code fix for free access
18.104.22.168 | November 13, 2016
* Includes support for site licenses (based on email domain)
* Bugs and enhancements