Ambience for Philips Hue — Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, Vimeo, websites. Let the web shine.
Ambieye is ambient lighting for the web. Ambieye extracts the main colors from any page you are viewing and shots them off to your Philip Hue. Works on Mac, Windows, Linux, with video (youtube, vimeo, netflix), and any photo.
• Ambient Eye mode - transfer colors from the web to your home.
• Send feedback from inside the app.
• Turn all the light bulbs on or off with a virtual lightswitch.
• Auto bridge discovery & manual bridge IP entry.
• Control different groups of lights, or individual lights.
1. After installing, you will see an eye icon in chrome's toolbar, click it to start auto discovery of your Philips Hue lights.
2. When the bridge is found, you see the "press the link button" message - press the middle button on the bridge to authenticate the extension. For auto-discovery to work, you need to be on the same WiFi network as the bridge.
3. Choose a group of lights or an individual light on the Settings screen. Then enable the Ambieye from the eye tab.
About Philip Hue lights
To use this app you would have to buy and setup the Philips Hue starter kit. The Hue lights are digitally controlled lights using WiFi and Zigbee protocols. Available here: http://bit.ly/lightswitchhue
For updates, bugs and ideas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, http://sadakov.com, or on tweeter at @cdima. I would love to hear feedback and your ideas!
Another app, Lightswitch, is available here: http://bit.ly/huelights
Thanks for the contribution to home automation and your time!
Made in ♥ New York City by Dmitry Sadakov.