Turns on SafeSearch filter from popular search engines to help you avoid unsafe content in the results of your search feed.
This extension is designed for Chrome browser users. Wherever you are surfing the internet, with whomever you are sharing the laptop, we aim to provide you a safe internet browsing experience with explicit and hazardous adult content filtered out from your search feed.
After you add this extension to your browser, the Safe Search filter is turned “ON” to protect your browsing experience as default. If you want to turn it off, you can go to the Settings section of the extension and make the change at any time you need.
Providing you a clean feed without adult content is our goal, but you should know that no filter is not 100% bulletproof. You might still be exposed to unsafe content when the filter is working.
Permissions used and reasons:
1. Access to “contextMenus”. We require this permission to add items to the drop-down menu of the extension’s icon in order to provide a better user experience.
2. Access to “declarativeNetRequest”. Allow us to use our search domain alwayssafesearch.com (powered by Yahoo) as a placeholder to turn on the SafeSearch from your address bar. In this extension, we also support Google and Bing. If you want to change your search engine, you can go to the Settings of your extension and make the change.
3. Access to “cookies”. We require this permission to save your customized settings of this extension.
4. Access to “storage”. We require this permission to save your settings preferences locally on your browser.
5. Access to "<all_urls>". we require this permission to check your default search engine.
How to remove this extension?
We are very sorry to see you go. If you want to remove the extension from your browser, simply perform a right-click on the browser icon of the extension and select “Remove from Chrome” from the drop-down menu. If you still don’t understand the process, check out the instructions we provide on the Uninstall page (see URL below).
Chrome™ is trademark of Google LLC. The use of them does not imply any affiliation to or endorsement by Google LLC.
Contact Us: https://www.alwayssafeapp.com/contact/