Alternate player of live broadcasts for Twitch.tv website.
Advantages of the player:
• Less stops during playback: if necessary, the player settings can be tuned to your Internet connection.
• Instant replay of the last minutes of the live broadcast, optionally with increased/reduced speed or frame-by-frame.
• Hides Twitch ads. Ads that streamer embeds directly into the stream will be shown.
• “Audio only” mode. Ideal for music listening.
• The extension automatically opens chests with bonus points in chat.
• You can set the size and location of the chat, even while in full-screen mode.
• In chat (for example, attached to the bottom or top side of the window) there is room for much more messages and emotes.
• You can completely disable the chat: it will not consume computer resources, and you will not be in the chatters list.
• Allows you to select the device for audio output (if more than one device is available): speakers, headphones, TV, etc.
• Changes volume by mouse wheel.
• You can colorize the player interface to your liking.
• Takes up less RAM.
• Rapid start-up of the player. This is especially noticeable on slower computers.
• Allows you to disable stretching the small video to the player size.
• Allows you to continue viewing the broadcast in another player, for example Media Player Classic, VLC Media Player, or MX Player.
• Large number of useful (and not so) settings.
• Supports Chrome 49, Windows XP and OS X 10.6.
The extension during installation requires the following permissions:
• Read and change your data on a number of websites where Twitch stores its video. The list of websites may expand over time.
• Manage your apps, extensions, and themes. Actually the extension just reads the list of installed extensions. This is necessary in order to load into the chat only those extensions that you have installed yourself in your browser. Only BetterTTV and FrankerFaceZ browser extensions can work in chat.
The player can playback only live broadcasts and does not affect playback of videos.
I do not recommend using the extension without a mouse, because touch screen support is incomplete.
The extension does not work in some browsers, such as Chromium, which does not support H.264 and AAC.
If you have problems with the extension, first read the help. To do this, in the player right click the view area, then in the menu click “Help”. If you still have questions, then in the same menu click "Send Feedback". If you cannot start the player, send an e-mail to the extension developer. The e-mail address is located somewhere on this page.
This extension is not an official Twitch application. The extension was created by independent developer, who is not affiliated with Twitch Interactive, Inc company in any way. The extension inserts part of the Twitch.tv website — chat — into extension player.
The extension is also available for Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox browsers.