The web developers helper program to create and test custom HTTP requests.
Advanced REST client for Google Chrome.
Rate it, comment it, share it!
- "This should be a benchmark for what chrome apps should be like.", Karan Kapoor
- "The best and the simplest client I've ever used. The new GWT look is much better. Thumbs up!!! Keep up the awesome work!", Denis Jajčević
- "very powerful yet simple to use", Diego Guidi
Weekly over 100k developers use this application. So many people can't be wrong!
About background page requirements: http://restforchrome.blogspot.com/2013/05/background-page-for-advanced-rest-client.html
- Integrated with Google Drive
- It's own backend service to store and share data between coworkers
- convenient HTTP headers and payload editor thanks CodeMirror
- Make a HTTP request (via XmlHttpRequest level 2)
- Debug socket (via web socket API).
- JSON response viewer
- XML response viewer
- set custom headers - even does not supported by XmlHttpRequest object
- help with filling HTTP headers (hint + code completion)
- add headers list as raw data or via form
- construct POST or PUT body via raw input, form or send file(s) with request
- set custom form encoding
- remember latest request (save current form state and restore on load)
- save (Ctrl+S) and open (Ctrl+O) saved request forms
- history support
- data import/export
* removed declarativeWebRequest API which caused app's crash on Chrome Dev and Beta channel.
* update to CSP due to recent changes in Google Drive script
* Added ability to export history data as JSON file recognizable by the app
* "Save request dialog" will open only once pressing CTRL+S couple of times.
* Fixed Issue 174: If-Modified-Since format now follow RFC.
* Fixed Issue 177: New Feature Request for improved linkifying to suit Django + TastyPie.
* Added CodeMirror support for payload panel (experimental - enable it in setting page).
* Improvements in CodeMirror headers support - enabled autocomplete feature, better code highlighting
* CodeMirror upgrade to v3.12
* Added "options page" to app's manifest. Right click on the app icon to enter options page.
* Fixed Issue 155: Default "Content-Type" header can't be saved
* Changed JSON response view
* Added hide option for response headers.
* Added options menu for URL panel (hover URL and then setting icon).