Archive, delete, mark as spam, read and unread your Gmail™ messages with just one click with these inline Gmail™ actions.
This is a very simple extension: It optionally places an "archive", "delete", "mark as read/unread" or "mark as spam" button next to each message in your Gmail™ inbox.
Now you can archive, delete, mark as read or mark as spam any message with just one click.
==== What it does ====
It triggers the normal Gmail™ action, nothing else.
So it does exactly what you already expect from Gmail™:
- the message is removed from the inbox list,
- you can click the standard Gmail™ "undo" message, and
- it can still be found via search and your tags (for archive), or in your "Bin" folder (for delete - until permanently deleted)
==== Why is this Helpful? =====
1. LESS CLICKS
Normally from your Inbox, you have to either right-click, select, or open a message before it can be archived or deleted.
Actions for Gmail™ reduces two (or more) clicks to one.
2. LESS CONFUSION
Next, you would have to click the "archive" or "delete" button at the top of your inbox, or from the message window.
Now you've been distracted from sorting through your message list, and probably lost track of where you were up to.
Instead, you just "archive" or "delete" right there in the inbox list, without losing your place.
3. MAINTAIN YOUR SELECTION
When sorting through your Inbox, you might select messages as you go.
Now when you "archive" or "delete" a message, you stay right in your inbox list and all your existing selections are preserved.
==== Why Archive? =====
Archiving is the first and most important step in getting organised and keeping your email under control. Read more from our blog here: http://www.rightfile.com.au/blog/why-archive-your-email/
==== Privacy ====
We know this is your email, not ours.
All the processing for our extension happens on your computer. We never see any of your information. None of your messages. Not your name or email address. Nothing.
And we will never email you unless you contact us and provide those details. We will never pass on your details to another party.
==== Advertising and Trial Limitations ====
There is currently no 3rd party advertising or feature limitations imposed on this free trial.
In future, there may be a fee for use.
==== Updates ====
We are quick to respond to Gmail™ changes. Google™ sometimes updates Gmail™, which can "break" an extension like ours. We take pride in responding very quickly with a fix so all our users stay happy.
==== What People are Saying ====
"OMG. I've been looking for something like this forever ... awesome awesome awesome."
5 stars - Tyler Waitt - 13/5/2013
==== Other Extensions ====
The following Chrome™ extensions for Gmail™ have been tested to work with Actions for Gmail™:
- Checker Plus for Gmail™ - notifications: http://goo.gl/Dwj8M
- Any.DO: to-do / task list: http://goo.gl/EwsOU
- Boomerang for Gmail™: send or return messages later: http://goo.gl/VayLn
- Powerbot for Gmail™ (paid): file messages to Evernote: http://goo.gl/vSffX
- WiseStamp signatures: http://goo.gl/v2JeK
- Attachments.me - from Drive, DropBox: http://goo.gl/pCNSI
- Send from Gmail™ - makes gmail default and quick sharing button - http://goo.gl/kNtE5u
- Mymail-Crypt for Gmail™ - send secure PGP messages - http://goo.gl/WLxtd9
Read more at our website: http://www.rightfile.com.au/actions-for-gmail/
==== Acknowledgements ====
Google, Chrome and Gmail are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google Permissions.