Share online accounts without revealing your password. Share access via an access URL or email instead.
Securely share access to online accounts with colleagues, family, and friends without revealing your password. AccessURL gives you a secure URL that shares your online account, lets you control how long you want to share your account for, and lets you revoke access later.
AccessURL also lets you securely ask for access to websites via URL or email. The other person can share their account in one-click, without revealing their password.
Use AccessURL to:
- Share your Facebook account with your friend, without telling her your username and password
- Get your friend to proofread that paper you're writing
- Let your colleague send that email for you
- and so much more
Security is very important. That's why AccessURL encrypts session data with AES-256. That's also why AccessURL lets you set an expiration on Access URLs.
Only send Access URLs to people you personally know and trust. Only use it for websites which allow you to share accounts.
You can also use AccessURL to ask for access to websites from someone you know.
Note: AccessURL currently does not support Incognito mode. If you'd like to test it out, use two copies of Chrome on the same computer or try it with multiple computers.
If you have any questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New in 1.2.0:
- A whole new look. Share access to accounts in one-click, ask for access to accounts inside the chrome extension too.
- Share access by email and link
- Ask for access via email and link
- Fixed an annoying bug where the chrome extension menu sometimes wouldn't properly appear when you clicked on it
New in 1.1.1:
- Having the "Create your account" pop-up immediately after install and set it as the current tab was really annoying. Now, it'll still show up -- but as another tab rather than take over the existing tab.
New in 1.1.0:
This is the biggest update - and best version of AccessURL yet.
- Now you can use AccessURL to request access to websites! Think of it like a Login with Facebook button you can send to someone when you want to borrow their account. Go to "ask for access" on AccessURL's website, choose the website, and then send them the URL
- Invite by email, revoke specific people's access, and change how long specific users have access to your account from AccessURL's web dashboard
- New "Get access" page -- emphasizing who you're sharing access with and what website you're sharing access to
- Added "Share access to this site" in the right-click menu of webpages
- Replaced "1 week" expiration with "1 month". If you want more granular control, go to https://accessurl.com/share-access and choose how long you want to share access for.
- Added an easy way to get access to accounts already shared with you
New in 1.0.4:
- Under the hood changes