Unread article count, article reading time, time-tags for mobile apps, article ageing, surprise me, custom reading speed & more!
Pocket for power users!
See how long an article is before reading. Open a random article for reading. Save articles even when offline. And Filter your article list by age or length of articles.
1. See number of unread articles on extension button in toolbar
2. Colour-coded reading time for each article. Also available as tags so reading time is available in mobile apps too.
3. Filter articles by length and age
4. 'Surprise Me': read a randomly chosen article from your list
5. Add new articles to pocket using keyboard shortcuts and/or context (right click menu) menu
6. Open pocket list quickly by pressing the AcceleReader button
7. Add articles to Pocket eve when offline. Articles are saved to your account when you are back online.
8. Article ageing: Older unread articles start fading out after 1 week.
9. View article count history graph
*** NOTE: Regarding frequent sign-in prompts for Google login
*** Please sign-in using your Pocket username and password (you can create one at https://getpocket.com/account ). Logging in using Google in Pocket leads to frequent time outs, and re-authorisation requests. Logging in directly using Pocket username & password solves this problem with recurring login requests.
Update 15 Oct 2018:
1. Improved tagging and extension window
2. Resolved issue with filtering option sometimes not appearing on Pocket
Full update notes here: https://updatenotes.blog/category/accelereader-for-pocket/
This is an unofficial, 3rd party extension and uses the Pocket API, but has no formal affiliation with Pocket.