A 3D model of Earth Sun and Moon system including the moon phases
You can interactively navigate through the space and visualize Earth, Moon and Sun system. Explore the phases of the Moon, day and night on earth, revolution of earth around Sun - all in 3D !
If the app is needed for iPad, please visit - https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/ravindra-kompella/id693234511
NOTE : THIS APP IS COMPATIBLE WITH BOTH TOUCH INTERFACE AND MOUSE INTERFACE AND COMPLETELY WORKS OFFLINE.
1. What causes different phases of the moon as seen from Earth
2. What causes day and night on Earth
3. The cause for seasons and why the poles have 6 months of summer/winter
4. Why solar eclipse doesn't happen on every new moon - although moon appears to come in between Sun and Earth on every new moon
5. Does Earth, Sun and Moon all lie in the same plane?
- Mouse/Touch drag to navigate in horizontal / vertical directions
- Mouse wheel / Pinch zoom in-Zoom out in any view
- You can navigate the space in three dimensions !
- Perform several activities to understand some solid concepts
You can view Earth, Sun and Moon system from different angles and understand what causes Full moon, New Moon, Quarter Moons and Crescent moons.
Realistic graphics have been used for Earth and Moon for enriched experience.
This app will greatly help in removing all the misconceptions that people have about phases of the moon.
A must have app in your science reference library for everyone.